Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Review: Pyxis

Two worlds.... One 16-year-old girl must learn to protect them both. The nightmares haunting Corinne and her friend Mason hint at a universe that exists beyond the one they know. Her destiny is to protect a weakness between the two worlds, but the person who was supposed to teach her how is dead. As Corinne and Mason search for answers, she tries to ignore the sparks igniting between them, but can't deny she feels safe only when he's nearby. Will they find help before their nightmares break free?

My Review: 

I had anxiously awaited my copy of Pyxis for what seemed like an eternity! K.C. Neal kindly put me on the list for reviewers and I was delighted to be able to get the chance to read this. I really love Corinne and Mason. I cannot wait to see how their relationship grows from here. I do like the chemistry between them. It doesn't come out of left field or anything like that. They have history. It's not a "their eyes met across the room and there were sparks...it was instant true love" kind of relationship. They know each other, like each other, and that grows into a romance. Perfecto!

I really liked the fact that the Pyxis isn't clearly explained. I think that adds to the mystery and intrigue. That is a plus for me because I hate it when everything is just dumped on my lap right away. It kind of keeps me from wanting to read more! So on this note, K.C. Neal got it very right. I want to keep reading and to see what happens.

The supporting cast of characters are all individuals. They don't blend into the background and fade out when the main characters step in. Ang is awesome! She's definitely a friend I'd like to have around. She's got Corinne's back. She's solid and someone Corinne seems to need to maintain balance.

Sophie and her "groupies" are pretty much annoying as they should be. Sophie is the Queen B and she proves it time and time again. Although, I have a feeling there is more to her then we know yet. I think in the next book we'll see some different developments come to light. I cannot wait! I hope that she can become a redeemable person.

So all in all, it's an excellent start to a series!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for a great write-up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! No insta-love here and it is definitely a mysterious and intriguing book. I have no idea what is going on but I like it and I will definitely be reading ALIGHT to find out more!

    Thanks for your review!

    Amber
    The Musings of ALMYBNENR

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!