Thursday, October 13, 2011

Read-a-thon Thoughts

I'm still pondering what I want to read for Dewey's Read-a-thon next weekend, I really need to get my books picked out.  I have been thinking some thoughts, which could be quite dangerous! I think to motivate myself,  I'd really like to donate to a charity that promotes literacy! So what I am planning on doing is donating $1 (us) for every book I finish during the 24 hour period of Dewey's.

My money is going towards
This is a great program that donates money and books to libraries all over! They have even helped a few libraires in my neck of the woods, so I know they are legit. Also for you geeky geeks out there (like me) this is the foundation backed by Nathan Fillion. :)

Now my post here is basically..is anyone willing to sponsor me? I won't take any money personally. What I would ask you to do is pledge a certain amount per book, then donate the money directly by yourself.  Make sense?

If you do want to pledge something then please leave a comment. If you have any suggestions about this..well please leave a comment. I am just tossing this idea out there into the webspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!