Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Teaser Tuesday-A Bit Late...



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My Teaser is from The Sandalwood Tree by Elle Newmark


"But she didn't and so Adela told her. Adela's great love was reading, another disappointment to her mother. Mrs. Winfield warned, 'Keep that up and you'll end up completely unmarriageable.'"

pg.26


4 comments:

  1. Excellent teaser. This one is on my schedule to read, I cannot wait. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesdays-the-kitchen-daughter.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right?! I chuckled at that! I guess I should tell my husband that my love of reading makes me unmarriageable lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this an historical? Reading is what got my husband interested in me.

    - Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a historical romance. Great teaser.

    Mine is here: http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2011/04/12/teaser-tuesday-the-winds-of-khalakovo/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!