Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Sunday Salon for 4/10

The Sunday Salon.com


Well the read-a-thon was fun! I didn't get as much reading as I would like to but I enjoyed myself and enjoyed helping out with co-hosting! I'm still thinking I might volunteer again next time, but who knows! I met a lot of awesome bloggers and readers, so that is a BIG win in my book!

My stats where pretty wimpy but here goes:

Books Finished-1 (not from start though)
Pages Read: 448
Stayed Up from 7am til Midnight (cst)

So there you have it! I finished Kat, Incorrigible by Stephanie Burgis and almost finished The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan.

I also won a random prize for being a commentator! I was so excited about that! I got to pick from the awesomesauce prize list! :) Can't wait for it! :) Also, even though I didn't finish a complete book from the start, I will still donate $15 to Kids Need To Read.

Bloggish news, again I will be attempting to organize my blog this week. I have my books ready to go and I feel good! If not tired...but hey, like I said in my read-a-thon post..I'm not a young whippersnapper anymore so I can't stay up too late! :)

This is pretty much a good summary of how I feel this morning!
But this is what I have to say to the week ahead...

Come at me, bro! I is ready for you! Grrrr.....*yawn*


5 comments:

  1. Ha-Ha! I feel like that cat in the dish of food, too....I didn't participate in the Read-A-thon—at least, not officially, but did finish a book that I'd started the day before (466 pages in the book; I read about 2/3 of it yesterday).

    Some day I will actually join in.

    Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finishing one book is great. I finished lots, but they were all itsy-bitsy.

    Here's my Sunday Salon, a little about my experiences at Readathon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We must be in the same time zone; I started at 7 too! I didn't make it to midnight though since I had a baptism this morning.

    Organizing my blog is always on my to do list, and yet I never quite get it together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did about the same. It was a good Read-a-thon. I love that bottom pic- he looks like an old timey pimp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your success with the Readathon - putting time aside to read (and the bonus of winning a prize for commenting), is a great way to spend some of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!