Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Review: The Dead-Tossed Waves




Description
(from Carrie Ryan's website)
Gabry lives a quiet life, secure in her town next to the sea and behind the Barrier. She's content to let her friends dream of the Dark City up the coast while she watches from the top of her lighthouse. Home is all she's ever known, and all she needs for happiness.

But life after the Return is never safe, and there are threats even the Barrier can't hold back.

Gabry's mother thought she left her secrets behind in the Forest of Hands and Teeth, but like the dead in their world, secrets don't stay buried. And now, Gabry's world is crumbling.

One night beyond the Barrier...

One boy Gabry's known forever and one veiled in mystery...

One reckless moment, and half of Gabry's generation is dead, the other half imprisoned.

Gabry knows only one thing: if she is to have any hope of a future, she must face the forest of her mother's past.

My Review

As you guys probably know, I am a HUGE fan of zombies! Love them! The Forest of Hands and Teeth is probably one of my favorite books EVAH! So when my lovely husband bought me The Dead-Tossed Waves...well...I was a happy camper! This book..OMG this book. Carrie Ryan really does know how to steal your brain and keep it, doesn't she?

TDTWs was a great follow up! The stories connected in ways that were very believable. I definitely was not disappointed with this sequel! The adventure and the romancy parts were well done but not at all over the top, which is excellent!

My review here is going to be short and sweet! Read it! Yup! That's all I can say! If you enjoyed The Forest of Hands and Teeth you will gobble the sequel up! I lurved it, and so will you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!