Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Review: Kat, Incorrigible


Description (taken from simon and schuster)

Katherine Ann Stephenson has just discovered that she's inherited her mother's magical talents, and despite Stepmama's stern objections, she's determined to learn how to use them. But with her eldest sister Elissa's intended fiancé, the sinister Sir Neville, showing a dangerous interest in Kat's magical potential; her other sister, Angeline, wreaking romantic havoc with her own witchcraft; and a highwayman lurking in the forest, even Kat's reckless heroism will be tested to the up-most. If she can learn to control her new powers, will Kat be able to rescue her family and win her sisters their true love?

My Review:

Oh dear me, this is the cutest book I've read in a long time! I loved Kat! She is feisty and funny and smart! She's got that rebellious side that made me want to cheer her on! I loved this little whimsical tale!

Oh and did I mention it has the magics? Love it! Kat is a very raucous (hehe i used a big word!) character and for that she is awesome! She's not going to sit by and be dainty and work on her stitchery. She's going to dress up like a boy and go out and do things! Awwwwww...bucking the status quo! As a tomboyish girl, I can definitely related to her!

The fun thing is that her sisters all have a bit of rebellion in them as well. Even Elissa who will do what she has to to help her family! I adored each girl and even loved the wicked Stepmother...*I kinda knew what she would end up like*

So the big question...Would I recommend it? The answer is yes! This is a cute story and definitely something that would be appropriate for ages 10 and up (I'm 30 and I loved it!)

So there you have it! This was a good one!


Book Details:

Atheneum, April 2011

Hardcover, 304 pages

ISBN-10: 1416994475

ISBN-13: 9781416994473

Grades: 5 and up


1 comment:

  1. I totally loved this book too! I can see it becoming a popular series, and deservedly so!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!