Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Review: The Death Cure



Blurb:
Thomas knows that Wicked can't be trusted, but they say the time for lies is over, that they've collected all they can from the Trials and now must rely on the Gladers, with full memories restored, to help them with their ultimate mission. It's up to the Gladers to complete the blueprint for the cure to the Flare with a final voluntary test.
What Wicked doesn't know is that something's happened that no Trial or Variable could have foreseen. Thomas has remembered far more than they think. And he knows that he can't believe a word of what Wicked says.
The time for lies is over. But the truth is more dangerous than Thomas could ever imagine.
Will anyone survive the Death Cure?

My Thoughts: 
I loved the Maze Runner, I really did. I loved the premise and definitely became a fan of James Dashner's writing. The second book was a good, but left me with a LOT of unanswered questions. I still devoured it and wanted more. The Death Cure, is full of awesome writing and loads of action, just like the first two books. Characters get fleshed out more and SOME answers are given. We get to know a bit more about Wicked and what they are doing.

The thing that kept me from giving this book a five fleur rating is the fact that we are STILL left with questions. Some things get resolved, but yet others are left there kind of in limbo. That didn't leave me with the warm and fuzzies. I felt like it was kind of a LOST like cop out to not answer the questions, you were given. I dunno, maybe that's just me.

Now, I did enjoy this book. I again loved Dashner's characters and the story went pretty quickly. There were a few major issues, but nothing that made me want to chunk the book across the room. It's a somewhat decent end to the trilogy.  I would definitely recommend reading it if you've read the first two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!