Thursday, August 18, 2011

Random Self Imposed Read-a-thon!

Yup! Starting today at  11am CST, I will have the house to myself from 11am-3:30pm (when kidlet gets home from school.)Yesterday I had a random burst of energy that I used to clean, clean, oh yeah... and clean. So I don't have any housework stuffs to do! So I figured I'd use this time wisely instead of how I normally handle it (by napping, playing RIFT or watching TV.) I am off work tomorrow as well so my Random Self Imposed Read-a-thon will start at 11am and run until tomorrow night at 12am (midnight.)

This will be my starting post, my update post, and my finish line! I don't wanna be too ridiculous with this!

Wish me luck!




  • Start Time (1): 11am (Cst)
  • Book: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
  • Page: 170
  • End Time: 1:00pm
  • Ending Page: 257
  • Notes: I'm loving this book! I had a phone call that distracted me for a bit but other than that and a load of laundry I've been reading :)
  • Start Time (2) : 1:00pm
  • Book: Ready Player One
  • Page: 257
  • Ending Time: 3:00pm
  • Ending Page: 374
  • Notes:  This book OMG I loved it! Nerdtastic! 
To celebrate the end of my first book in this self induced read-a-thon I give to you a musical interlude...because of the nature of the book and that I myself am a big fan of Gaming I present to you....*drum roll*


      • Start Time (3) : 3:00pm
      • Book: Unwind by Neal Shusterman
      • Page:1
      • Ending Time:7:00pm
      • Ending Page:143
      • Notes:  Have to cut the internet time now. I will continue keeping track until I go to sleep. :) I had to cook dinner and help little man with homework and of course have some family time! Unwind is a very unusual type of book. Not sure what I think of it actually.
      I will keep track of my reading progress offline then update it all tomorrow morning. I'm going to most likely start at 8:00amCST.

      • Start Time (4) : 7:20pm
      • Book: Unwind
      • Page:143
      • Ending Time:9:40pm
      • Ending Page:335 (finished)
      • Notes: I was flagging near the end of this hour..
      • Start Time (5) :9:45pm
      • Book: The Body Finder
      • Page:1
      • Ending Time:10:05pm
      • Ending Page:15
      • Notes: I went to bed at roughly 10: 15 lol...
      **************************************************

      Day 2 Progress:
       (My time has been delayed and my reading is slow! The West Memphis Three Are being released *hopefully* today! I've bene watching the live feed)
        • Start Time (1)-2:00pm
        • Book: The Body Finder
        • Page:15
        • Ending Time: 9:00pm
        • Ending Page: 328 (finished)
        • Notes: I read on and off from 2-9pm. 

        Total Progress:
        Books Finished: 2 and 1/2
        Pages Read: 886

            1 comment:

            1. I wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting... I am now following and I look forward to reading more of your stuff.

              I have my weekend 6 in 1 blog hop going on right now (runs all week long, and resets Friday afternoon. Find it under the tab)... where you can link up your blog, twitter, facebook, networkedblog, blogfrog and giveaways. You should swing by!

              All the best,
              Kim
              A Spicy Boy, A Cat, and My Fat Ass

              ReplyDelete

            Thanks for visiting!