Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Review: Across the Universe


From Goodreads.com:
A love out of time. A spaceship built of secrets and murder.

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone-one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship-tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.


My Review:

Well I simply loved this book. I mean it was really good. I usually start off reviews by saying things about the characters, etc, but this time I will just say that this is a great book. I really enjoyed the back story that Revis created and the plot that she laid out.

There's mystery, suspense, love and scifi!

I'll make this a short review, because I've pretty much said what I want to say. This is an excellent book. I highly recommend it. The end.

2 comments:

  1. Yep - that's how I let when I read it last fall. I absolutely loved it - can't wait for the next one! I also found the author to be exceptionally responsive and engaging with her readers - she's got the coolest blog!

    I see you're also reading The Historian - one of my most favorite books ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh! I really need a copy of this so that I can share in the awesomenness although I recently met someone who didn't like it the general air seems to be that it's really good.

    Sniffly Kitty
    Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books
    Loving the Reviews Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!