Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Like Clockwork -Quick Review for a Quick Book!


Victoria's work with automatons has gained her renown and changed the face of London. But her concern that the clockworks are taking too many jobs away from humans, creating social unrest, is ignored. Given the ugly mood of the underclass, she fears more outbreaks of violence similar to the murder spree of the notorious Southwark Slasher.

Dash, unemployed thanks to the clockworks, has pledged fealty to The Brotherhood, a group determined to bring about the downfall of the automatons by any means necessary. His plan to kidnap Victoria goes awry when the unorthodox scientist pledges her assistance to their cause.

Despite their opposite social classes, a bond grows between them, and Victoria begins to feel emotions she never expected for the passionate Dash. But when the Slasher strikes close to home, Dash and Victoria realize that the boundaries of polite society are far from the only threat to their happiness...


My Review:
This was a very quick read. There are only 98 pages (ebook) to it, but it is a pretty decent story. I liked Victoria's character, even though I felt like she didn't really make rational choices sometimes. Dash is a pretty standard "romance" guy. He's rough on the outside but on the inside he has a heart of gold!

This is a mix bag for me because I liked the story, but there were some things I didn't like. The last bit of the book, well I won't go into details but I will say I wasn't aware this was an "adult" story. Nothing wrong with a little freaky freaky but yeah..wasn't expecting it.

All in all I say this is definitely a decent story, but I'm glad it was a freebie from Netgalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!