Saturday, May 6, 2023

Weekend Readathon Updates

 


Here's where I'm going to be keeping track of my progress! I'll be chunking the updates into blocks during the weekend. Not sure how they will be divided up. Friday I have work, Saturday I work from 9am-2pm and Sunday I have the day off. 

A Reminder about my "stack" (again, will not get through all of these but will graze from them)
  • Silence of the Lambs (already started)
  • American Gods 
  • Good Omens
  • Madame Bovary (already started)
  • The Count of Monte Cristo (already started)
  • The Woman in White (already started)
  • A Game of Thrones
  • Sherlock Holmes Vol. 1 (already started)
  • Persuasion 
  • Gothic Tales
  • City of Thieves 
  • The Arrival 
  • Rhapsody
  • The Innocent Mage

Update the 1st: Friday May 5th

I start work today at 11am, so I'm going to squeeze in some good reading before then! 

Time: Friday 5th, 8:30am - 1:45pm

Book Read: The Silence of the Lambs 



Starting Page: 242 

Ending Page: 367


Comments: 

I loved this book! I am definitely going to read the others! 

I know it's not a lot but I did work mostly all day. 




Update the 2nd: Saturday May 6th

Time: 7am-9am

Book Read: Persuasion by Jane Austen



Starting Page: 1

Ending Page: 18


Comments: 

This is my real first foray into Jane Austen. 

I took a way longer nap after work than I intended and then was in a weird foggy state the rest of the night. I have to admit I didn't really read as much as I had hoped! I also wasn't feeling the "classics" for my reading choices


I am starting today at 7am (CST). I'm not sure which book I'll get into today, my selections from yesterday weren't pulling me in. I'm gonna think thunk a bit and decide in a few. (Posted at 6:30amCST)


Update the 3rd: SUNDAY May 7th:

Time: 7am CST 

Book: Rhapsody by Elizabeth Haydon



Starting Page: 1

Ending Page: 145







Okay so I'm finishing my weekend readathon. I didn't get as much read as I wanted but I did start a couple of books that I do want to finish. 

I read a total of  288 pages. 

I started Persuasion and Rhapsody.

Eh, not the best but not the worst. I had a good weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!