Thursday, December 15, 2022

My Thoughts on The Two Towers

 


Like I stated in my post about the Fellowship, I won't go full review on this. These books have been reviewed many times over, so I'll just state my thoughts as I read the book. 

I really liked the pacing of this book. In the Fellowship, there seemed to be some lags in the action and while I enjoyed the environmental/character development, it seemed (to me) like they threw the pacing off a bit. This book,  however, was non-stop. One conflict after another, and that was a great change of pace. I had already gotten to know the characters, understood the "mission" and what it all entails. This left me able to sit back and enjoy the ride along with the group. 

I really really really enjoyed the part with Treebeard, and hearing about the Entwives. I told my friend, who is a BIG Tolkien fanboy, that I wanted to know more about the Entwives and his reaction was "too bad." But anyhoo, that part was my favorite. 

The group was split up so each had their own adventures. Frodo and Sam were continuing their journey towards Mordor. The rest were just trying to find each other (alive). They gave poor Gollum a bit more development and at times you feel bad for him and at times you want to yeet him off a high cliff. (Yeeting was my vote btw!)

I realllly enjoyed the way this book ended. Usually I hate "cliffhangers" but having it end with the main character's fate in limbo was a great way to smooth the transition over to the next book. 

I'm still chugging away with The Return of the King, so look for my thoughts on that soonish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!