Thursday, January 9, 2014

Dead Plains by Angela Scott

http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Plains-Zombie-Angela-Scott-ebook/dp/B00FNH2MLA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389320979&sr=8-1&keywords=Dead+Plains
(blurb from goodreads)

Sometimes, the ones you least suspect are the ones that should worry you the most.

People aren’t always what they seem, as Red has experienced all too well. Strangers are feared, towns are avoided, and everyone’s intentions are scrutinized… even those of the people closest to her. Her coveted ability has been revealed to far too many people, and now that a tiny heartbeat thumps and grows beneath her own, the risk has never been greater.

As the group of ten searches for a safe haven, a place to finally call home, the sobering reality of it all finally settles over them: nowhere is safe, nothing is permanent, and death is everywhere. One by one, Red’s reluctant posse grows smaller, as death claims some, and circumstance claims others.

It couldn’t be a worse time to bring a newborn into the world… but the baby is coming.



 I love love love this series! I surely do! My love burned ever more brightly when I got my mitts on this installment. When the last book left off things were so bleak, and in this one ..well things don't get super better. There are brief moments where the crew (and the reader) are allowed to breathe. That pacing is what makes this such an amazing series. Angela Scott really knows how to set up scenes and then bowl you over with various bowling balls of emotions. 

So....many...emotions...SO MANY!

I was nervous for Red. I legit was terrified that her pregnancy would go so so badly. I have to admit to thinking that Madam Scott would squick us all out and  make the babies gnaw through her belly to get out. EEEECK! (okay i have to admit being sick enough to think that would have been fun, but BAD for Red obvs.) 

I cried during a few scenes, with actual tears of salt and water. They flowed majestically down my face as I read parts of this book. Some things happen, man. Some really really not good things. *trying to avoid the spoilers* I think Angela must secretly write for The Walking Dead because she likes to make us love things then takes them away. The whole time she's taking those things away, she's making us love her for it too, which is sick Mrs. Scott. Sick! 

Okay so this was the last book in this series, which made me have so many sads. There was so much going on in this book though, that I am sufficiently okay with the way things wrapped up. I, again, won't spoilerize anything, but it was definitely a good ending. The tension that was built throughout the whole series didn't let up, until the curtain was closing on our friends, and that was how I wanted it to be. Even though I was so sad to see them go and the story end, I had such a wonderful (yet emotionally devasting) time with them.

Good show ma'am! Good show!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an amazing read! Haven't read this series, but your review makes me want to asap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!