Thursday, September 30, 2010

Double Review: Black Rain and Black Sun




So okay, I'll mention right away that Thrillers are not my typical genre of reading material, but every once in a while I like to dip my toes into a new genre. I am so glad I did! I really enjoyed Black Rain!
It's a very edge of your seat kinda book! I loved that the main character was a woman! Usually (at least in my reading experience) if the writer is a man and his main character is a woman, the character's personality has a multitude of problems! I thought that Brown wrote his character very nicely! She's strong and smart and capable of running the show! I loved that! He wrote her very tough but not too tough that she wasn't relate-able (hope that makes sense?)

Anway, the story is nicely laid out and easy to follow and get into. I couldn't put this book down! I may just have found another genre to add to my favorites!


Next up we have..Black Sun is also written by Graham Brown and it was also an enjoyable read! I loved that again, the same character from Black Rain is in this and she's still badass! I would say this one didn't have the same "oompf" as the previous book did, but I still devoured it. Danielle is still a great character, although at times she reminded me a bit of Lara Croft...*which could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on who you ask*

The action was..well lets just say that at times it's super great and others it lagged just a wee bit. I did however enjoy myself almost as much as with Black Rain! I think that if you really want to get the full impact of these books you need to read them back to back!

All in all, I have to say that Graham Brown's writing has impressed me! I enjoyed both of his books, although I have to say I enjoyed Black Rain much more! I'd recommend them if you have a fondness for Thrillers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!