Saturday, September 24, 2011

It's Banned Book Week!

There are SO many things wrong with the words banned books, that I cannot even fathom the mentality behind doing so! Books should be loved and cherished and if you don't like what they say then DON'T read them! Simple enough, right?

I'm joining in with a crap ton of readers this week to celebrate those wonderful/quirky/weird/and challenged books that have made some small minded people uncomfortable! Check out this list and you will be surprised to see what shows up! Maybe YOUR favorite?

List of books most commonly challenged/banned.

In honor of this week, I am going to try to read two (or more) from this list! My two first selections are Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (which I've read and loved) and Candide by Voltaire.

Are you reading banned books this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!