Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Classics Club Readathon





It's starts now...for me!! Others have started an hour ago, but I got the opportunity to sleep in a little! So I snatched it like a parent champion!

Anywhoo...Starting at 9am CST (giving me some coffee time) I will be catching up on Persuasion by Jane Austen. I have work from 11-3pm, but then I'm back to reading my face off! Woot!

There is a starting meme on The Classics Club starting post, so I figured I'd do it!

  1. Name and Blog: Melissa and  Must Read Faster
  2. Snacks and Beverages of Choice: coffee, water, and ramen..cuz I am broke.
  3. Where are you reading from today? Global location: Alabama, more specific..My desk chair/couch/comfy chair..I foresee a lot of bouncing around.
  4. What are your goals for the Readathon? I want to catch up on all of my read-a-longs!
  5. What book(s) are you planning on reading? Persuasion, Les Mis, The Woman in White, and Mrs. Dalloway.
  6. Are you excited? VERY!!!!
Book 1:
Persuasion by Jane Austen
Start Time:
9am CST
Finished Time:


I did not get to finish this. After the wonderful news about my little sister having her baby, we got word that my Aunt had passed away. We weren't incredibly close, but she was a very sweet woman and she will will be missed.

6 comments:

  1. You have a GREAT list! Not as many people read Persuasion, but I think it's a good one. Mrs. Dalloway is a favorite, and The Woman in White is good too. Les Mis is kind of depressing...and long... it's good, but I had to read it in small doses. Have fun!! --Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snatching sleep like a parent champion? LOL and I know *exactly* what you mean. Have a great readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the parent champion phrase - I'll be using that!
    Persuasion is my favourite Austen (there is a rave review on my blog) and The Woman in White is unputadownable!
    Happy reading
    Brona's Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of people reading The Woman in White! Which is good - because it's a great book! Good luck with your selections, hope you make a good dent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news about your sister's new baby, but sorry to hear about your aunt. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for your loss...news of a birth and a death in one day, I think reading moves down on the agenda. I hope you get to finish Persuasion--that is my favorite of Austen's novels.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!