Thursday, January 3, 2013

Review: Fang Girl

Blurb:
Sure, the idea of vampires is sexy, but who actually dreams of spending eternity as a pasty, bloodthirsty fifteen-year-old?
Not me.
Unfortunately, the somewhat psychotic vampire who turned me into a bloodsucker didn't bother to ask first. Now I'm dealing with parents who want me to vamp them, a younger brother who's convinced I'm a zombie, and a seriously ripped vampire hunter who either wants to stake me or make out with me. Not sure which. Oh and PS, none of my favorite fanfic prepared me to deal with vampire politics—which are looking pretty tricky based on the undead Elder trying to hunt me down.
What's a vampire-obsessed fangirl turned real-life fanggirl supposed to do?

My Thoughts:
This was an adorable quick read. Definitely not SUPER ultra ground breaking, but definitely a tasty little morsel of fictiony goodness, that left me all smiles. Yes, the premise is a bit wacky sounding, but in the end it all works out. It's not gonna win any super duper writing spectacular awards, but it does what it's supposed to..ENTERTAINS!

I loved the extra little quirky thingamabobs thrown in out of the blue, like vampires having OCDs and a vampiric goldfish. These special little tidbits made my day super sweet. My teenaged, Buffy obsessed, past self totally identified with Jane. Her love of all things vampires was very nostalgic and felt like good old times.

It was fun, tasty, quick and did I forget to mention fun..cuz I feel like I did!




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun read! Vampire goldfish? My kind of book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After seeing reviews on how hilarious this is, I think I'm getting myself a copy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!