Thursday, January 10, 2013

Review: The Kingmakers

Blurb:
A war to the death. Empress Adele has launched a grand crusade against the vampire clans of the north. Prince Gareth, the vampire lord of Scotland, serves the Equatorian cause, fighting in the bloody trenches of France in his guise as the dashing Greyfriar. But the human armies are pinned down, battered by harsh weather and merciless attacks from vampire packs. To even the odds, Adele unleashes the power of her geomancy, a fear- some weapon capable of slaughtering vampires in vast numbers. However, the power she expends threatens her own life even as she questions the morality of such a weapon. As the war turns ever bloodier and Adele is threatened by betrayal, Gareth faces a terrible choice. Their only hope is a desperate strike against the lord of the vampire clans—Gareth's brother, Cesare. It is a gamble that could win the war or signal the final days of the Greyfriar.

The Vampire Empire trilogy rushes to a heart-wrenching conclusion of honor and love, hatred and vengeance, sacrifice and loss.

 My Thoughts:

I loved the first 2 installments of this series SO MUCH you guys! So much! When I had the chance to get my grubby mitts on the last *sob* part of the series, I scoured (like seriously ask that dude that works at Books-a-Million that has the gauged ears and the spikey hair about the crazy lady that kept bugging him about this book) the bookstore trying to find THE LAST COPY on their shelves! Yeah! I was that person! 

This was me when I found it:
For serious, my son and husband walked about 10 paces ahead of me so that they were with me but not "With me" in case someone noticed my herp derpy behavior.

So back to my review, which is getting rather non-quick..but anyhoodle, review ONWARD.

So Adele and Greyfriar are back in action. Trying to do all the justice-y things that they like to do, and also sprinkle in some luuurrvee and history and war. The first bits did get a little draggy, but not that horrible. Just push through those 2 chapters and you'll be good.

Adele learns to focus her powers. Gareth lets his guard down a lot and rises to the occasion. Flay is a crazy ass biotch as per usual, but she gets what she deserves. *no spoilers*

Cesare....
*sorry for bad words..but this sums it up basically in my mind*

There were sooo many moments of delightful squeeing that I just cannot express how much this book didn't disappoint! The epilogue...

Anhalt, my baby...you sir are a fine man.
Ugh...so many feels. I cannot begin to describe them. You win this time Mr. and Mrs. Griffith. You win so hard!

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting!