Thursday, March 10, 2011

Quick Review: Heat Wave

From Goodreads:
A New York real estate tycoon plunges to his death on a Manhattan sidewalk. A trophy wife with a past survives a narrow escape from a brazen attack. Mobsters and moguls with no shortage of reasons to kill trot out their alibis. And then, in the suffocating grip of a record heat wave, comes another shocking murder and a sharp turn in a tense journey into the dirty little secrets of the wealthy. Secrets that prove to be fatal. Secrets that lay hidden in the dark until one NYPD detective shines a light.

Mystery sensation Richard Castle, blockbuster author of the wildly best-selling Derrick Storm novels, introduces his newest character, NYPD Homicide Detective Nikki Heat. Tough, sexy, professional, Nikki Heat carries a passion for justice as she leads one of New York City's top homicide squads. She's hit with an unexpected challenge when the commissioner assigns superstar magazine journalist Jameson Rook to ride along with her to research an article on New York's Finest. Pulitzer Prize-winning Rook is as much a handful as he is handsome. His wise-cracking and meddling aren't her only problems. As she works to unravel the secrets of the murdered real estate tycoon, she must also confront the spark between them. The one called heat


My review:
I love me some Castle! That show is the ONLY good thing about Mondays! So of course I had to get my hands on this book! Now since I'm a huge fan of the show I was very hopeful the book would be great!
I really liked it! I thought it was just like an episode of the show, except with different names, cursing, and some sex thrown in. Now I am a BIG Beckett and Castle 'shipper so I just WISHED that the show had some of the latter in it! Grrr at the show for taking it's sweet time hooking them up!

Anyhoodle, back to the book. I loved it! It was funny, actiony, and very clever. The pacing was good, even though the book was short it was packed with good stuff. If you love the show I think you'll love the book!

I have one last thing to say about the book:
PhotobucketWell done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!