Saturday, August 21, 2010

Crescendo Review

Well first let me start off by declaring my love for this cover. Isn't it really really bootiful. Yes? No?

Anyhoodle, I have to say that I was a fan of hush, hush. I liked the characters and the world that Becca Fitzpatrick created. The "fallen angel" theme was intriguing and like a breath of super fresh air, in a market saturated with vampires and werewolves (not that I hate.) Hush, Hush was a great change of pace and a very good book! (Hint hint..pick it up yo!)

Crescendo was, and is, eagerly awaited. I know I had the release date marked in my calendar (10/10 fyi) and was myself trying to be patient. When I got my review copy I was super thrilled! I seriously scared my son by shrieking in girlish delight! I was at the time reading something else so I had to fight the urge to put that aside and plow right through Crescendo! The wait was definitely worth it!

Ms. Fitzpatrick has brought us a very solid and enjoyable follow up! I would definitely give this a enthusiastic thumbs up! Sequels usually have a bit of trouble holding a candle to the first but this one is just as awesome! More Nora and Patch angst, more mysteriously mysterious thingys going on and more DRAMA! Very nice pace and excellente character growth and development! I was a very happy girl as I devoured this one!

I won't go into any spoilers but I will say that this is one of those rare sequels that are just as good as their predecessors! Definitely a must have!

A++ Ms. Fitzpatrick! I can't wait for the next one!

3 comments:

Thanks for visiting!