Tuesday, October 23, 2012

22 on 22 Read-a-thon!

Lookit what I found? My friend Michelle tipped me off to this read-a-thon! I'm a day late to join, but I just cannot resist a good "thon so here I go! :)


 My book stack is pretty much my list from my Post on Monday!

10/23/12 and 10/24
Book: Coraline by Neil Gaiman (FINISHED) Fang Girl
Finished: 1 (Coraline)
Notes: With work and my husband having the brilliant idea to stay up and watch Night of the Living Dead 2 (which is horrible in a "i'm not sure if this is brilliant or the worst movie ever" kind of way) I didn't get to finish Coraline (10/23)

Day 3 Mini Challenge:

"Today’s challenge is all about showing off the top book you are waiting on!
Please be sure to include a cover, summary, and the reason you are waiting on it in your challenge post."

Mine is

Summary:
Art student and monster's apprentice Karou finally has the answers she has always sought. She knows who she is--and what she is. But with this knowledge comes another truth she would give anything to undo: She loved the enemy and he betrayed her, and a world suffered for it.

In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed Daughter of Smoke & Bone, Karou must decide how far she'll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, secrets and impossible choices, Days of Blood & Starlight finds Karou and Akiva on opposing sides as an age-old war stirs back to life.

While Karou and her allies build a monstrous army in a land of dust and starlight, Akiva wages a different sort of battle: a battle for redemption. For hope.

But can any hope be salvaged from the ashes of their broken dream?

My Reason:
I was enraptured by the first book! I loved the world that was built and the characters are just wow! I
really cannot wait to read this one!

10/25
Book: Fang Girl

Finished: 1 (Coraline)

Notes: 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us in celebrating Bianca's Birthday! I hope you have some great books picked out to carry you through the whole week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would join in on this. ;O) We just can't resist, can we? Good luck getting some reading done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another person is also waiting on Days of Blood and Starlight. I guess since the first book was so good I should actually pull it off my shelf and read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read Daughter of Smoke and Bone but I really like that cover for the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you like Coraline? I haven't read anything by Neil Gaiman yet though have his books lying in my Kindle.

    Hey, we are waiting on the same book! Yay! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!