Saturday, May 2, 2009

Yay! Finally!


I just found out that one of the best, most depressing (but wonderful) books ever written is about to have a movie! The Road by Cormac McCarthy finally be released!!! It was supposed to be released last year but it got pushed back..*booo*

Here is the story:

Dimension Films and 2929 Productions have finally announced that they will be releasing John Hillcoat’s adaptation of the Cormac McCarthy novel The Road, on October 16th 2009.
The film was originally set to debut during the 2008 Oscar season, but was supposedly pulled due to visual effects issues. Many speculated that the Weinsteins were starting to doubt the dark film’s award potential. Many had expected the film to be dumped in the first quarter dumping ground, but an October release shows that the studio still has some confidence in potential award consideration.

Academy Award nominee Viggo Mortensen, Academy Award winners Robert Duvall and Charlize Theron, Guy Pearce and 12-year-old Kodi Smit McPhee star in the the story of a man (Mortensen) and his young son (Smit-McPhee) traveling through a desperate, post-apocalyptic world. The flap jacket on the book describes the setting as “burned America”.


2 comments:

  1. I think I like Viggo Mortensen as the Man, but there's one particular character I'm waiting to see who they have play it. The one guy the Man shoots... I pictured him as the actor that plays Tom in LOST.

    I loved the book, and I passed it to a friend, who read it in one 3-hour sitting. I wish I could read that fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was soo excited about this movie last year, but then never heard a peep about it! I am excited about it and really curious as to how it will play out via film.

    So you like Lost too? :) Tom would be perfect for that guy, now that you mention it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!