Monday, May 18, 2009

Musing Mondays


Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about early reading…

Do you remember how you developed a love for reading? Was it from a particular person, or person(s)? Do you remember any books that you read, or were read to you, as a young child? (question courtesy of Diane)

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your opinion in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks


Well I can remember when I was a little little girl, sitting on the couch with my Mother while she read to me. I think I was 3 when I first started reading (little books of course) and by the time I was in school my reading level was pretty high. I remember her reading to me Thomas books, Little Women (which is still one of my favorite books,) and various other board books. Sometimes she would read on the couch while I sat down and "read" my books too. She was always reading something when I was younger so I was surrounded by books. By the time I was about 9 I had a collection of books myself. I remember being the ONLY kid in my class to have read Shakespeare (and understood it!) and always having the teacher ask (as he was assigning a new book to read) if I had already read it. (Which I usually had already.)

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you knwo you won a book at
    http://thebizarrelibrary.wordpress.com/whats-in-the-attic/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember loving reading all my life, but the first time I realized books could shape my life and make me a better person was in the 5th grade. My teacher, Mrs. French, let us pick books out of the classroom library to read when we were done with our work. That's when I first read Anne of Green Gables and Madeleine L'Engle's Meet the Austins series. I remember getting turned on to the Babysitter's Club about then, too, and loving it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!