Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Sunday Salon for 3/27



The Sunday Salon.com

My planning for last week was a success! I read my two scheduled books AND one of my misc. books! I will continue on with this sort of planning for this week to see if it works as well again. I'm so exited and I hope I finally found a good routine for my blog! I'm kinda geeking out over the fact that I posted almost everyday last week! Yay for keeping my blog fresh!

My goals for this week are similar. Just two books are going to be planned, then the rest I have on hand are back ups!




This is what the sky looked like for us last night. We had a nice big storm come through our area. We had lots of wind, rain, and a ton of pretty lightning. My son was up and a bit nervous so we cuddled on the couch and watched tv until late into the night. So as it was sweet to get a chance to snuggle with my little buddy, it wasn't a very restful night. I'm pretty draggy this morning. So coffee is going to be my friend!


In My Mailbox This Week :


-The Baby Planner by Josie Brown

Katie Johnson may make her living consulting with new moms on the latest greatest baby gadgets no parent should be without, or which mommy meet-ups are the most socially desirable, or whether melon truly is the new black, but the success of her marriage to her husband, Alex, depends on controlling her own urges toward motherhood.

He's adamant that they stay childless. Sure, Katie understands that he's upset over the fact that his out-of-town ex-wife rarely lets him see their ten-year-old son, Peter. But living vicariously through her anxious clients and her twin sisters' precocious children only makes Katie resent his stance more deeply.

While helping a new client—Seth Harris, a high tech entrepreneur who must raise Sadie, his newborn daughter, as a single parent after the tragic death of his wife in childbirth—maneuver the bittersweet journey from mourning husband and reticent father to loving dad, Katie’s own ideals about love, marriage, and motherhood are put to the test as she learns ones very important lesson about family: How we nurture is the true nature of love.

(look for a review AND a giveaway coming soon!)

***
I Won!

The Chaos-Rachel Ward

The curse of the NUM8ERS continues in Rachel Ward's CHA0T1C, earth-shattering sequel!

Adam has more than inherited his mother's curse: When he looks in someone's eyes, he not only sees the date of their death...he feels the searing, shocking pain of it. Since Jem died, Adam has lived by the sea with his great-grandmother, Val. But when rising tides flood the coast, they return to London. The city is an alien, exciting, frightening place. Most disturbing of all, Adam can't help but clock how many people's numbers are in January 2027; how many are on New Year's Day. What chaos awaits the world? Can he and Sarah stop a catastrophe? Or are they, too, counted among the "twenty-sevens"?

***

And....

The Silenced-Brett Battles (review coming poss. Monday 3/28)

-The Ice Princess-Camilla Lackberg

All in all I had a great week and hope to continue with this trend! I hope you guys all had good ones too!







1 comment:

  1. I set a goal of doing one post a week and visiting ten blogs a week. I can do that. Anything else is gravy.

    Here's my Sunday Salon post for this week. I hope you will stop by and
    say hello.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!