Monday, June 11, 2012

Review: This Side of the Grave



Danger waits on both sides of the grave.

Half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her vampire husband Bones have fought for their lives, as well as for their relationship. But just when they've triumphed over the latest battle, Cat's new and unexpected abilities threaten to upset a long-standing balance...

With the mysterious disappearance of vampires, rumors abound that a species war is brewing.  A zealot is inciting tensions between the vampires and ghouls, and if these two powerful groups clash, innocent mortals could become collateral damage. Now Cat and Bones are forced to seek help from a dangerous "ally"--the ghoul queen of New Orleans herself. But the price of her assistance may prove more treacherous than even the threat of a supernatural war. ...to say nothing of the repercussions Cat never imagined.

My Thoughts: 

Remember in my last review for this series, that I said something felt "off?" Well this book brought everything back on track! I loved the action and of course the hot romancey stuff with Cat and Bones. It's purrty hot actually! Love that they are so much in love that they can't help but wanna..well..YOU KNOW..*wink wink* ALL The time!

I love the side characters. Mencheres and Vlad are both pretty interesting. I would love for either of them to have a spin off series! *Please please please* Denise and Spade are good too, but I haven't yet read any of their books. I was sad to see Cat's Uncle go. I feel really sad about her Mother's turning too. I am anxiously awaiting the chance to read the next book and see what happens!

Now here's the grumpy part of my review, just a warning!

I didn't know that you HAVE to read the Spade/Denise series before you read this book. Sooo whatever happens in that book, it's kind of spoiled for me. This book kind of goes on like you've read them, and there's like NO warning whatsoever about it! If I had known that I would have picked up First Drop of Crimson and read it before starting this. It didn't ruin the plot of THIS book, but the Spade/Denise books might be ruined *pout* I'll still read them though.

Other than this, I liked the book. Things are definitely getting interesting for Cat and the shizz is hitting the fan and splattering all over the place!


1 comment:

  1. I'm ashamed to say this but I think I'm one of the last UF/PNR follower that haven't had the pleasure of reading this series! I know, I'm missing out on a lot, sigh

    Talk Supe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!