I have known about this event for a few years now, but never participated. This year I thought I'd give it a go. Sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to meet new bloggers and some oldies (but goodies!) So here goes!
Me..(sans make-up and nice hair..well that's how I always look).so yeah...
This be me! Hi Peoples!
- Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? I'm Melissa. I'm 31 *gasp* and married with an 8 year old son. We live in Alabama and a cat owns us. I've been blogging since 2009. It's not always been a smooth ride, but it's been fun. I got into blogging by accidentally stumbling upon some review blogs. I saw that people were posting about books and movies that they loved and thought it looked like a lot of fun! Thus, Must Read Faster, was born.
- What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012? I'm currently reading Prophecy of the Sisters and The Thirteen. My favorite so far is a series by Rhiannon Frater. The As The World Dies series. Definitely look into it! :)
- Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you. My other favorite thing to do is watch movies and tv. I love Firefly, Buffy, Game of Thrones, True Blood, Castle, and the Vampire Diaries. I'm kind of a nerd for things like vampires and ghosts. :) If you are a regular on my blog I don't think this is much of a surprise! LOL
- What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)? I've kind of done away with memes and whatnots, but I do love it when I'm able to give away stuff. I'm kind of poor so that doesn't happen often, but it's sooo much fun picking winners! :)
- Where do you see your blog in five years? I honestly don't know. I'm doing this for fun. When it stops being fun, then I think the blog will stop.
- Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read? I'm gonna go with all of them. lol I'm kind of lazy that way.
- If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why? Oh wow! That's a tough question. Author: Stephen King..simply because..Hey I've eaten dinner with Stephen King! I find it very hard to pull one single character out of my list o' favorites.
- What literary location would you most like to visit? Why? That's hard. Most of my favorite books are set in like apocalyptic times and I'm positive I don't want to go there. lol
- What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years? Most of the people I have met have been super nice! The community in general has given newbie bloggers a LOT Of support! Just like in most places there are a few cliques. Sometimes some areas of the community can come across as catty. I won't name names or anything, but I've seen it happen.
- Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How? I think so. I think that blogging has opened my mind up to different genres. When I started this blog I think I focused more on Horror and Fantasy, but now I'm dipping my toes in all different kinds of books! I still tend to lean a certain way, but for the most part my reading tastes have changed!