Thursday, November 17, 2011

Review: God's Eye

From Amazon: 
A demon . . .

Every soul he claims is another chance to advance.

Until he can walk among us, look like us, make us believe in him. The only thing holding him back is . . .
An angel. . .
The rules of the realm bind him from fighting
on the demon’s terms. But this is his chance
to steal something away from the demon,
to steal the thing the demon wants most . . .

A woman who must choose . . .

A woman who has been chosen.
Katharine is suddenly a pawn in a game
where the rules and the stakes are beyond her comprehension.
She must take a side even though she can’t tell angel from demon.
And in the end, they will all be judged.

My Review:

You know those books that you just rip through so quickly because you WANT TO KNOW? Well this is one of those books! I sometimes take notes as I read. It helps me sort things out in my brain and really helps with reviews, especially if the plot is complex and the characters are layered as thickly as the ones in God's Eye.

Now I am going to write out a couple of my notes so you can see what kind of awesome mind screwing this book will give you, in a good way.

1st Note: What are they? Angels or demons? WHO IS WHAT? OMG! I must know! (yes exactly like that)
Explanation: This book does NOT let you know who is the bad guy or who is the good guy straight away, nor does it really give you many hints. You are left pondering that til the very end and even then you are like ..."whoa really dude?" I like this very much! Instead of being spoon fed the answers, I like that you have to dig around to figure things out! Awesome! Plus points for you God's Eye!

2nd Note: Sexay tymes! This book has them! The naughty bits are very naughty. It was enough to bring a blush to my cheeks at times! The scenes are not descriptive so much as they are ..how do I say it..they give just enough details to let your mind go to it's very own special place of naughty. (Make sense?) Which again is pretty darn awesome!

So this book is pretty heavy on the psychological and a little light on the fluffy bunny humor and the sweet sparkly romance, so if it's a cutesy romance read you are after you will NOT get it from this. If you like your books to have substance and a bit of a mind twist, this is where you'll get it. From start to finish, God's Eye delivered for me. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!