Monday, May 23, 2011

Armchair Bea Kickoff!

So today is the first day of the Armchair Bea fun shenanigans going on over at the Armchair Bea Central blog! This will be what feels like my fiftybajillioneth year missing out on the fun but yeah money ain't cheap! So I have to stay home and listen to all the fun stories (torture) coming through via blogs and twitter. Don't get me wrong I am happy for everyone that gets to go and one day my time will come! Hopefully before I am too old to enjoy it!

So I was mucho pleased to stumble upon this event! :) Here I am!

So the first prompt pretty much is an introductory thingy. Basically the question is : Who are you, and how do you Armchair?


Well let's see. Who are I? I'm Melissa. I'm the crazy random book lady that posts here at Must Read Faster
.
I love my books and love to read, but am not much loved by the organizational gods (and goddesses! i can't be sexist now can I?) I am 30 and darn proud that I survived this long! I am married and have a kidlet who is 7 years old. He's thankfully becoming a book worm too so that's a big plus! I would post a picture but I don't want you to lose your lunch/breakfast/dinner (depending on timezone) so yeah.

I'm armchairing from Alabama. Not quite actually in an armchair, as we don't own one, but I am sitting in a chair! So that qualifies, right? I hope! I will be all over twitter and the blog. That will be how I stay in the loop! I'll do as many of the daily posts as I can too! It sounds like a fun week for everyone!

So there you have it! Let the fun begin! Mwahahahahaa!

16 comments:

  1. Hi melissa, nice to meet you! I hope one day we both get to go to the real BEA!! I'm armchairing from my library, where I'm supposed to be revising...looking forward to seeing the rest of your posts for the week!!

    Introductory BEA post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa. I'm armchairing from my computer desk with a cat sleeping on one of my TBR piles. I do have an armchair, but it's usually occupied by another cat. I just noticed your Mark Twain quote. I think I need to nab that one for future use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Melissa! Nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy the rest of Armchair BEA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, you sound like such a fun person! I'm definitely going to have to drop by again (and again). And join the club of us who may never afford to go to BEA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm Team Damon as well! Love the pics :) I hope you're enjoying Armchair BEA, I am!
    Armchair BEA: About Us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to meet you! I love the name of your blog, as it is sort of my mantra as I try to burn through as many books as possible every day :)

    -Kate the Book Buff
    The Book Buff: Book Reviews for Regular People

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Melissa! Stopping by through Armchair BEA! Looking forward to getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Melissa!

    "kidlet" -- I love it!

    Nice to meet you,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. So you must be missing BEA because of end-of-school chaos as well! Happy Reading from your GA neighbor!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/05/introducing-me-armchair-bea-kick-off.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Melissa! I love the name of your blog. I feel that way all the time. Welcome to Armchair BEA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Melissa!

    I'll be Armchairing from Sweden. As a student I don't have enough money at all for the real BEA. Sigh. I'm so excited for this though. Especially since it's my first time. :)

    Nice to meet you!

    Rebecca @ kindle fever

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Melissa! It's so cute that you're turning your kid into a bookworm like you! What books does he enjoy so far?

    ReplyDelete
  13. If only we all had unlimited resources, right? I'm bummed about not attending BEA this year. Last year was a blast. But I have to say that this Armchair version certainly has its perks!

    ~ Trisha @ eclectic / eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe you're one of the last ones I'm visiting...and the day is almost over! Anyway, don't feel bad. I am also frowned on by the organizational deities! Oh well! Avid readers can't be bothered with organization (hey, a new motto)!

    How are you doing on the read-a-thon? I'm sucking at it, as usual. I swear I read more when there's NOT a read-a-thon!

    I'll be seeing you around again this week. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you're participating in Armchair BEA with us this week, and you're right, money ain't cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks you guys! I'm having fun finding new bloggie things and meeting new people! :)

    A Backwards Story said...

    Hi Melissa! It's so cute that you're turning your kid into a bookworm like you! What books does he enjoy so far?


    So far he loves books with dinosaurs and bugs. He's also read the illustrated Moby Dick..so yeah he's pretty much finished a book that mommy hasn't! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!