Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Review-The Mystery of the Third Lucretia



The Mystery of the Third Lucretia by Susan Runholt

When Kari and Lucas (who is a girl) stumble upon a man acting very suspicious in the art museum that they are visiting
they hatch a plan to figure out what he is doing and why he's being shady. These two young girls are pretty plucky! I like that word and I rarely get
a chance to use it, but this is the perfect time! This book was very cute! I thought that the girls were very smart (even if they didn't always pick the
right thing to do) and well written. The action was fun and the plot was very good. I found myself wishing that this had been around when I was a kid.
I'd say that this would be a good series (there are two books in this series so far) for a young girl around the ages of 10-14. These girls are smart and witty and know how to take care of themselves. They are excellent examples (even if they do get up to a little mischief!)

The next book in the Kari and Lucas series is Rescuing Seneca Crane which I will be review shortly. This book is released in August.

  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Paperback: 304 pages
  • Publisher: Puffin; Reprint edition (June 25, 2009)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0142413380

2 comments:

  1. I like "plucky" too. Why can I never think of great words like that when I review? LOL
    I think your review made this book sound like a such a fun read that I'm going to have to see if I can talk my librarian into ordering this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I am having so much fun with these books! I wished I had this series when I was a kid! :)>

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!