Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Review-Hush, Hush



From Amazon:
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along.

With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

My review:
Wow! I have literally just finished this book and ...wow..that's the first thing that comes to my mind. Now I have read other reviews for this book (obviously there is a lot of buzz about it) and even then I wasn't prepared for how good this book is! Becca Fitzpatrick has something going on here. I can honestly say that I really loved this book. It was fun, fast paced, and well written. The characters were good. I did occasionally get a sense of deja vu during a few chapters, but those were completely overshadowed by the rest of the story. I liked it! I can't say it any other way that just plain, I liked it! I recommend it! I will suggest that everyone goes out of their way to try and get a copy and read it because it is good. I cannot wait for the follow-up book Crescendo!

oh and P.S- Patch could probably kick Edward's you-know-what! ..I'm just saying *wink*

  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Hardcover: 400 pages
  • Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing (October 13, 2009)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1416989412
ARC copy received from Simon & Schuster

3 comments:

  1. This book is getting a lot of good buzz, Looking forward to reading it when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My review was written late last night RIGHT after I finished the book. I really did enjoy the book very much! It's a great quick read and it's bound to be a big hit! I thought about giving away my copy but I just can't bring myself to do it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read this book now :)
    but I'll have to wait until October:(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!