Monday, July 6, 2009

Review-Hollywood is Like High School with Money



Back Cover:

Twenty-four-year old Taylor Henning has just landed her dream job as an assistant at a major movie studio. But when her catty coworkers trick her into almost getting fired, she realizes that the old saying "Hollywood is like school with money" just may be true. The thing is, Taylor wasn't exactly a social butterfly in high school-how is she supposed to do any better the second time around?

My Review:

I don't like giving bad reviews, especially if I sorta enjoyed the book. What I will say is that this one is a cute read. It is a quick read that barely took me a day to read. I had a slight sense of deja vu (the premise is very similiar to the Devil Wears Prada I think.) Several of the characters were cliches and stereotypes (Kylie and Quinn) that never get developed properly. Taylor is a cute character. She's the typical "fish out of water" stereotype. She imagines her life will be better in Hollywood but soon finds her life is anything but. At times its adorable and fun and at others its stale. I have to be honest and give this book at 3.5/5 review.

  • Paperback: 288 pages
  • Publisher: Grand Central Publishing (July 23, 2009)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0446697192

2 comments:

  1. Aw, that's a bummer. Cliches REALLY get on my nerves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I really wanted to be blown away by this book for some reason. BUT I enjoyed it for what it was..a quickie cutesy read. If you are looking for more than that then you will not enjoy this. (hope that made sense)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!