Friday, July 21, 2023

Reverse Readathon-Starting Line/Update Post

 


I am super excited that I am able to participate in this one! Lately I've been working through most of a big chunk of the last few readathons (because they typically start in the morning) but this one will start 7pm (my time tonight!) I will still have work but I will stay up late tonight and also include Sunday into mine! My saturday shifts are broken up into two, so there's some in-between time to cram in some reading. I will be ingesting SO MUCH caffeine lol

Here's my stack: 


I am of course already reading Prophecy and a book on my kindle (The House at the End of the World) but I think these selections (plus whatever is on my kindle) are a good grazing selection.

I will not make it all night long tonight but I am excited to get a good bit read.

I will most likely update in chunks of 1-2 hours a piece. I will only use this post to update. 

Block 1 7pm-9pm

Book: The House at the End of the World by Dean Koontz (ebook) 

Pages:  Starting page: 153 

Pages:  Ending page: 272

Total Pages Read: 119 pages 

Notes:  Got coffee and water, will try to hold off on snackage til later for a little extra boost of energy. 

I am loving this book. It didn't completely pull me in at first, but after it got going I was entranced. It's got that great mix of horror, human drama, science-y fiction and some humor that is just awesomeballs. I am a slow reader but I am clipping through this one pretty quickly. I may even finish it by the end of next block. 

Block 2 9pm-10pm

Book:  The House at the End of the World

Pages: Starting Page: 272

Pages: Ending Page: 342

Total Pages Read:  70 pages

Notes: I can't hang any longer, my eyeballs were starting to cross. I even tried a little shakey butt dancing to get my blood flowing, but alas. I am off to bed. I will get up early in the morning to resume reading. 

Block 3 Saturday 6:30-9:30

Book:The House at the End of the World

Pages: Starting page 342

Finished 1st Book (HatEotW) 407

Book Read: Prophecy 

Started Page: 232

Pages: Ending page: 254

Total Pages Read: 23

Notes: Good morning! It's 6:25am CST here and I am wide awake, getting caffeinated, fed my furry children and have myself a breakfast cookie..okay it's just a normal cookie but it's breakfast time! So that counts! I'm working today so this first block is going to be pre-work, then I have a 10-12 shift then a 2 hour break (expect a block of at least 1 hour then) then it's 2pm-6pm. Afterwards I'm on full blast reading mode until Sunday evening. 

Block 4 12:30-1:30pm

Book:  Prophecy

Pages:  Starting page: 254

Pages:  Ending page: 277

Total Pages Read: 23 pages

Notes: Kind of had too many distractions this block. I'm about to start my last shift of the weekend, so once i'm done I'm going to take a short nap and then get back into reading. 

Block 5 7:30-9:30

Book:  Prophecy

Pages:  Starting page: 277

Pages:  Ending page: 333

Total Pages Read:  56 pages

Notes: I am continuing my readathon into tomorrow. I won't be able to stay up all night tonight, but I will try to stay up as late as I can. Prophecy is very good, but I find myself reading slower when it's a fantasy novel. I think the descriptions are what slow me down a bit, everything in a fantasy novel is so vividly detailed, etc. I like to slow down and paint it all in my head. 

Block 6 10-11pm

Book:  Prophecy

Pages:  Starting page: 333

Pages:  Ending page: 375

Total Pages Read:  42 pages

Notes: Okay that's me, ready for bed. Will get up early-ish to get back into it. 

Block 7 SUNDAY 7am-9am

Book:  Prophecy

Pages:  Starting page: 375

Pages:  Ending page: 427

Total Pages Read:  52 pages

Notes: I've had a chill morning, but now I'm taking a short break to get some cleaning done. Sunday is my "get all the things" done day so I will condense all my wacky shenanigans into about an hour or so. 

I will be back to read more. 

Block 8 SUNDAY 11:1pm

Book:  Prophecy

Pages:  Starting page: 427

Pages:  Ending page: 473

Total Pages Read:  46 pages

Block 9 SUNDAY 2 4:30-End

Book:  Prophecy

Pages:  Starting page: 473

Pages:  Ending page: 697

Total Pages Read: 224 pages


Total Pages Read: 873 

Total Books: Two 

2 comments:

  1. I'm joining in too! I like that this one starts at night. I may steal your update idea...though I'm terrible at updating. lol My writing community is having their online writing retreat this weekend too so I'll probably join in on some sprints tomorrow. Good luck with your reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!