Monday, January 16, 2023

What's Up? It's Monday! Reading Plans and a Bit more!


 So a few things I've been noticing as this year has started off. I make plans to read and life gets in the way. Boo! I'm behind on my goodreads goal, not for lack of want but lack of time. I think I might adjust if I can. I'm also going  to NOT plan things out as strictly as I have been, it just makes it seem like a chore and not a pleasure. 

So this week I'll be dipping in and out of the few books that I've been chugging through. The Princes in the Tower, Vanity Fair, and Adam Bede. So far all of them are good in their own way and I'm enjoying them. I will allow myself to pick up whatever floats my boat otherwise during the week. My goal this week is just to READ MORE consistently when and where I can!

Non-Bookish things:


I wouldn't call myself a "gamer" per se but I do have a few that I have played and loved tremendously. One of them being The Last of Us. I won't bore you with the whole story (you can read it here) but the games (at least the first one) has so many amazing things about it. There's great storytelling, great character development and wonderful gameplay. It's one of the best, in my opinion, post apocalyptic video game ever made! I was hopeful and yet cautious when I heard the news that they would make it into a tv show adaption. I was concerned by the choices for the main characters, Ellie and Joel, because their chemistry and relationship is what drives the main story. I love Pedro Pascal and I liked Bella Ramsay in their previous roles, but couldn't click with them as two of my fav video game characters, at least from the promos. So I went into the show with trepidation.

From the moment the show started, I was grinning from ear to ear. I do love that they got the look and the feel of the games on point. I loved (and cried)  the fact that they got Joel's relationship with his daughter Sarah (a main personality trait for Joel) so so so perfect. I was so geekily happy that they slipped in a few of my favorite lines from the game into the show. It's only been one episode but you can tell that the whole team loves the source material and want to do the best job at translating it into a different form of media, and for that I am very pleased. I have gone from trepidation to elation and very hopeful that the show will continue to do a good job with one of my favorite games. I'll keep watching!

Did you watch? What did you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!