Saturday, October 21, 2017

Read-a-thon is a GO!!!

So I planned on starting at the actual gosh darn start time, but my phone had other plans! So here I am getting started at almost 9am CST! Boo!

Here we go!

Update 1:
Time: 9:00 am CST- 12:30pm
Book: The Princes in the Tower by Alison Weir
Start Page: 10
Ending Page:85
Snacks: Coffee, popcorn

Intro:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? 
Jacksonville Alabama!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
The Life of Elizabeth 1 by Alison Weir!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Most of my snacks are popcorn based lol So yeah I'm down with the corn this time!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I am a coffee fiend, a nap fiend, I love history, horror, and cats.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? 
I'm just going to take it easy this year. I'm probably not going to make it very late, plus I have work tomorrow so I most likely will have to cut the 'thon short, but I always have fun! So that's what I'm planning on doing this time 'round as well. :)

My recommendations:
2015/16 I LOVED THESE BOOKS!

NAPTIME IS NOW TIME

Update 2:
Time: 2pm-4pm
Book: The Princes in the Tower by Alison Weir
Start Page: 85
Ending Page: 105
Snacks: flat out pizza, seltzer water, coffee
I am reading SOOO slow, but I'm still reading!

Update 3:
Time: 4:00pm CST-6pm CST
Book: The Princes in the Tower by Alison Weir
Start Page: 105
Ending Page: 159
Snacks: Seltzer water.

Mid Way Survey:

1. What are you reading right now?
I'm still reading the Princes in the Tower
2. How many books have you read so far?
See above! My reading is going soooooo slooowly.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
It's a toss up between The Life of Elizabeth 1 and Catherine de Medici
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Yes! Social media is of da debil! Also the laundry monster had to be slain. Laundry waits for NO readathon!
Also a nap...but I is are old so...
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How hungry I get when I read lol It never fails that I think I have enough snacks but alas, I do not.

Update 4:
Time: 6pm CST-10pm
Book: The Princes in the Tower by Alison Weir (finished) / Catherine de Medici by Leonie Frieda
Start Page: (Princes)159/ 1
Ending Page: (Princes) 258/ 19
Snacks: pizza, seltzer and popcorn


1 comment:

  1. Hope you're enjoying the readathon! It's 1:25 am and I'm still reading. I'm drinking a full post of pumpkin spice coffee and planning to stay awake. We'll see how that goes. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!