Saturday, April 29, 2017

Dewey's Is a Go! #readathon

I've got my coffee, my low carb snacks, and a MOUNTAIN of bookish choices (some of that mountain lives on my kindle) and I am ready to go!

Here's my physical TBR stack o' possibilities:



Hour 0 Intro Survey:



1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?-
Jacksonville, AL. More importantly than that, my couch. :)

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? 
Truthwitch, Ella Enchanted (Kindle) and The White Princess (kindle)

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? 
I got a big fat delicious brisket in the slow cooker.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself! 
I'm 36, I work from home as an author assistant, I love TWD, Game of Thrones, iZombie, and The 100. I read a good deal of YA, but I'm trying to branch out into other genres. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else is reading, so my massive TBR can grow even more massive-er.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? 
Pace myself, take "eye breaks" and remember to stay hydrated with WATER instead of downing large doses of caffeine. If a book isn't "doing it for me" don't try to force it. 'Tis why the big ole stack of books.


Hour 1

Book: Ella Enchanted (Kindle)
Snack: Coffee and Water
Challenge: Intro Survey (up ^ there)

Hour 2

Book: Ella Enchanted (kindle) 15%
Snack: none
Challenge: Pay It Forward 

Hour 3

Book: Ella Enchanted (kindle) 36%
Food: cheesy eggs!
Challenge: none

Hour 4

Book: Ella Enchanted (kindle) 56%
Snack: water with strawberry kiwi mio
Challenge: none





Hour 5

Book: Ella Enchanted (kindle) 75%
Snack:
Challenge: Six Word Story



Hour 6

Book: Ella Enchanted *Finished*
           Pride and Prejudice pg. 20
Snack: Salt & Vinegar chicharrones
Challenge: none

Hour 7

Book: Ella Enchanted *Finished*
           Pride and Prejudice pg. 45
Snack:
Challenge: none


Hour 8

Book: Ella Enchanted *Finished*
           Pride and Prejudice pg. 55
Note: Got distracted by a livestream, but now I'm going to take a weee bitty nap so I don't feel the fade later on. Back in an hour (or less)

Hour 9
Book: Ella Enchanted *Finished*
           Pride and Prejudice pg.71
Snack: Green Olives, Water, and Mozzarella slices
Challenge: A Book and A Snack

Hour 10
Book: Ella Enchanted *Finished*
           Pride and Prejudice pg. 89
Challenge: none
Note: My son is playing Zelda and was asking me to help him figure something out, which baffles me cuz I've never played that game in my life!

Hour 11
Book: Ella Enchanted *Finished*
           Pride and Prejudice pg. 110


Hour 12
Book: Ella Enchanted *Finished*
           Pride and Prejudice pg.139

Mid-Event Survey!
1. What are you reading right now? Pride and Prejudice
2. How many books have you read so far? 1 so far!
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Truthwitch
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I took a nap, chilled with the kid while he played Zelda, and sorted out din-din. I just go with the flow.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? My ability to really get a lot of reading when I can set aside everything else for a bit.

Hour 13
Book: Ella Enchanted *Finished*
           Pride and Prejudice pg. 169
Hour 14
Book: Ella Enchanted *Finished*
           Pride and Prejudice pg. 169
*Took a trip to the store for a break and to pick up more household supplies*
Hour 15
Book: Ella Enchanted *Finished*
           Pride and Prejudice *Finished*
           The Wrath & The Dawn pg 35
Hour 16
Book: Ella Enchanted *Finished*
           Pride and Prejudice *Finished*
           The Wrath & The Dawn:
Challenge: Game On! 



1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you've been making really great progress this Readathon so far - I hope you have a great rest of your day and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!