i'm not sure where this is from but i like it.
I'm So excited! Aren't you? Read-a-thons are like my crack, and THIS ONE in particular is so so so so fun! It's like Christmas, My birthday, and all of the margaritas all rolled into one! I get sooo super excited about them I sometimes scare myself (and my family!)
So here goes! Eeeks!
Hour 1st: 7am CST
Pages Read: 43
Foodstuffs: Coffee and water, nourishment of the gods! (don't really have breakfast)
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? This Book is Full of Spiders!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I've got LOTS of yummy stuff so nothing in particular! All of it! :P
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm 32, I'm a work at home mommy. I think this is my 5th read-a-thon..can't remember when I started it. I've been blogging since 2009.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I've got a nice mix of big books and little books. Serious and non-serious. So that should give me some good variety.
Book: This Book is Full of Spiders
Pages Read: 28 (on page 71)
Foodstuffs: eggs and toast, coffee, water, sunny d (citrus punch)
Spine Poetry picture:
"We have always lived in the castle, The blind assassin, Whistling past the graveyard, necromancing the stone."
Book: This Book is Full of Spiders (pg. 71)
Foodstuffs: coffee, sweet and salty pretzel bar
Passed on the challenges this hour.
Book: This Book is Full of Spiders (pg 107)
Pages Read: 49
Foodstuffs: water, strawberries
Re-Title Your Current Read
Current Read: This Book is Full of Spiders
My New Title: Tripping Balls with John and David...and a giant man spider chicken thing.
Book: This Book is Full of Spiders (pg. 156)
Hour 6th: Taking a Somewhat break to make lunchie type stuffs and move around so I don't fall asleep and drool into my laptop thusly short circuiting yet ANOTHER keyboard!
Book: This Book is Full of Spiders (pg. 190)
Foodstuffs: steak fries (had to share with the littler person) :)
Book: This Book is Full of Spiders (pg. 209)
Pages Read: 31
Foodstuffs: energy drink and water...no snacks.
Best and Worst Covers
The Worst: I hate this cover of The Stand by Stephen King
The Best: I love this! It's old, it's kind of hokey, BUT it depicts the battle of good vs. evil in a way that the rest don't. The newer ones focus more on how "rock star" Randall Flagg is supposed to be. They miss the point of the whole story.
Book: Taking a break from TBIFS
pg. 1 ebook
Pages Read: 38
Foodstuffs: banana nut muffins and water
Skipping this hour's challenge.
Book: Once Burned (pg. 38)
Pages Read: 32
Skipping this challenge as well.
Hour 10th: IN WHICH MELISSA TAKES A SHORTISH NAP
Book: Once Burned (pg. 70)
Took a 45 minutes nap, got a snack and made a fresh pot of coffee! Now back on Track!
Book: Once Burned (pg 70)
Pages Read: 41
Book: Once Burned (pg. 111)
Pages Read: 40
Mid Event Survey:
1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired? Not really sleepy, took a quick little nap and did some exercise.
2) What have you finished reading? Nothing yet, but I'm working on it!
3) What is your favorite read so far? I'm liking both the books I've been reading! So far both have been awesome!
4) What about your favorite snacks? Hmm..t.the pizza my husband just brought home!
5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love! I've been focusing on reading more than visiting. I'm a bad bad girl :(
Book: Once Burned (pg. 151)
Pages Read: 51
Skipping the challenge.
keep reading...keeep reading...
Book: Once Burned (pg. 202)
Pages Read: 48
Foodstuffs: energy drink numero dos
Skipping challenge this hour.
Hour 15th: Watching Dr. Who whilst reading, probably won't make for a productive hour!!!
Book: Once Burned (pg. 250) FINISHED! This Book is Full of Spiders ( pg 241)
Pages Read: 46 + 5= 51
Skipping challenge this hour
Book: This Book is Full of Spiders (pg. 246)
Pages Read: 21
Turn the Page
"I would rather read than ________ any day!" My answer: "I would rather read than, no sign of the spider."
Mine comes from "This Book is Full of Spiders" page 32
Book: This Book is Full of Spiders (pg. 267)
Pages Read: 21
Foodstuffs: water and yawns
Six Word Celebration
Reading books makes bookworms incredibly happy!
Good Night My Sweet Party Peoples! I hope you read your awesome little brains out! This has been real real real fun, but my soft, warm bed is calling me and I cannot resist that sexy beast..(i'm speaking of my actual bed..get your minds out of the gutter..sheesh!)