Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Blog Tour: Jesse's War

Blurb:
She's about to become a pawn in a brutal game between nations...

The American Civil War has raged for more than ten years. The outcast daughter of a famous inventor, Jessica White has struggled to salvage what little remains of her life. Then, one cold winter night, the lover she'd given up for dead returns, claiming the Union Army bought the plans for her father's last invention. But he's not the only one who lays claim to the device, for the Confederacy wants the invention as well. Both sides will kill to have it.

...And only he can save her.

As an agent for the Union Army, Luke Bradshaw is a man who will use whomever and whatever is at his disposal in order to complete his mission. An attack by Confederate soldiers ensures that Jessie will turn to him for help, but Luke can't help but wonder about the secrets she keeps--and if those secrets will ultimately prove fatal.

My Thoughts:

This was a dip into the unknown for me. I almost said no based on the cover, which I will be honest isn't really one of my favorites. I'm SO SO glad that I decided to give it a whirl! Steam punk meets the civil war meets an ultra steamy romance! So very yummy! I am usually not into romance but yeah, this one is a winner! Great writing, awesomely created characters and a very sweet and sexy romance will have you wanting WAY more! This is definitely one that you should pick up!

Tour Stops:

Blurb Blitz:
April 1:  Love Triumphs Past and Present
April 2:  Fantasy Powered by Love
April 3:  Straight from the Library
April 4:  The Muse
April 5:  Racing To Read

Virtual Book Tour:
April 8:  Bookgirl Knitting
April 9:  Review Must Read Faster
April 10:  Lisa Haselton's Reviews and Interviews
April 10:  STOP 2 Review  My Devotional Thoughts
April 11:  Words of Wisdom from The Scarf Princess
April 12:  Simply Ali

Blurb Blitz:
April 15:  Welcome to My World of Dreams
April 16:  Krystal Shannan - Where Love and Destiny Collide
April 17:  Andi's Book Reviews
April 18:  Books and Other Spells
April 19:  Wicked Readings by Tawania

Virtual Book Tour:
April 22:  Long and Short Reviews
April 22:  STOP 2 review Journey of a Bookseller
April 23:  It's Raining Books
April 24:  Janna Shay's Fair Play
April 25:  Rachel Brimble Romance
April 26:  You Gotta Read Reviews


8 comments:

  1. Intriguing blend of genres! Glad you enjoyed it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me here today, and I'm glad you liked it!

    --Meggan Connors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the review, I'm looking forward to reading Jessie's War.

    Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Ingeborg! It's nice to see you here!

    --Meggan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your thoughts! No, the cover definitely isn't one of my favorites...but the story sounds amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy :)

    andralynn7 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by, Andra!

    --Meggan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice review

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!