Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Review: Graveminder by Melissa Marr

Link
About the Book: (goodreads)
Rebekkah Barrow never forgot the tender attention her grandmother, Maylene, bestowed upon the dead of Claysville, the town where Bek spent her adolescence. There wasn't a funeral that Maylene didn't attend, and at each Rebekkah watched as Maylene performed the same unusual ritual: three sips from a small silver flask followed by the words "Sleep well, and stay where I put you."

Now Maylene is dead and Bek must go back to the place--and the man--she left a decade ago. But what she soon discovers is that Maylene was murdered and that there was good reason for her odd traditions. It turns out that in placid Claysville, the worlds of the living and the dead are dangerously connected. Beneath the town lies a shadowy, lawless land ruled by the enigmatic Charles, aka Mr. D--a place from which the dead will return if their graves are not properly minded. Only the Graveminder, a Barrow woman, and the current Undertaker, Byron, can set things to right once the dead begin to walk

My Review:

Melissa Marr is a writer that is really new to me. I didn't know what to expect other that the description sounded sufficiently creepy to have made me a happy girl. I HAVE heard that she is a rock 'em sock 'em writer, and based off what I have read in this book..she totally deserves it!

I enjoyed the creepy ghost/zombie with a twist story. I can definitely recommend this to anyone that enjoys a good horror story. The plot captures you from the beginning and definitely continues all the way through to the end. It's a very well written book and certainly makes me curious about her other books! So to all of those that have been waiting to hear what this was like...it is soooo good! Read it! :)

I do think this would make a very delicious series! That's one of the only things that I didn't like..that it ended! So yes I would say read this book! You will love it so hard it melts your face, but in a good way! ;)

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a good, creepy read. I don't read many of these types of books but I have been reading outside my usual genre and have found I like many more books than I thought. I will keep this one in mind. It must be good if you are wishing it was a series. The "Sleep well and stay where I put you" on the cover sure catches my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really excited to read your review when I saw that you were reading this during the read-a-thon. It sounds really good. Right up my alley! I'm definitely going to have to get my hands on this one. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!