This year’s free in-pack book offerings, appropriate for children ages three to eight and written in both English and Spanish, include:
- All the World, by Liz Garton Scanlon and illustrated by Marla Frazee, which discusses the many wonderful things a child can encounter in the world as well as the commonalities all the world shares.
- Chaucer’s First Winter, by Stephen Krensky and illustrated by Henry Cole, follows a bear named Chaucer, who knows he is supposed to sleep through the winter but feels it’s much more fun to stay up and play.
- Jump!, by Scott M. Fischer, chronicles the adventures of a bug, a frog, a cat, a hound, a crocodile, a shark, and a whale, who all love to jump!
- No T. Rex in the Library, by Toni Buzzeo and illustrated by Sachiko Yoshikawa, is a story about a little girl named Tess and her adventures in the library with a boisterous T-Rex.
- The Purple Kangaroo, by comedian Michael Ian Black and illustrated by Peter Brown, which is a vivid and humor-filled story that tricks the reader into thinking about a purple kangaroo.
To learn more about the Spoonfuls of Stories program or to donate to First Book, visit www.spoonfulsofstories.com beginning November 1.
- Mandatory: How often do you read to your children? (this can include nieces and nephews, etc)
- Follow me on GFC (new or old follower) +1
- Follow me (@lexley) and tweet about this contest (Please link back and include the hash tag #myblogspark and @lexley) +2
- Blog about this contest and leave link +3
- Take my Button and put it on your blog (please leave link) +3
That's it! Also please remember to use separate entries for each(ie-if it says +2 leave two comments, etc) Good Luck!!!
Contest Ends November 20th
Contest and information provided from Cheerios by MyBlogSpark.com