About the Book:
In the trauma center of Atlanta’s busiest hospital, Sara Linton treats the city’s poor, wounded, and unlucky—and finds refuge from the tragedy that rocked her life in rural Grant County. Then, in one instant, Sara is thrust into a frantic police investigation, coming face-to-face with a tall driven detective and his quiet female partner…. In Undone, three unforgettable characters from Karin Slaughter’s New York Times bestselling novels Faithless and Fractured collide for the first time, entering an electrifying race against the clock—and a duel with unspeakable human evil.
In the backwoods of suburban Atlanta, where Sara’s patient was found, local police have set up their investigation. But Georgia Bureau of Investigation detective Will Trent doesn’t wait for the go-ahead from his boss—he plunges through police lines, through the brooding woods, and single-handedly exposes a hidden house of horror buried beneath the earth. Then he finds another victim.…
Wresting the case away from the local police chief, Will and his partner, Faith Mitchell—a woman keeping explosive secrets of her own—are called into a related investigation. Another woman—a smart, upscale, independent young mother—has been snatched. For the two cops out on the hunt, for the doctor trying to bring her patient back to life, the truth hits like a hammer: the killer’s torture chamber has been found, but the killer is still at work.
In her latest suspense masterpiece, Karin Slaughter weaves together the moving, powerful human stories of characters as real as they are complex and unforgettable. At the same time she has crafted a work of dazzling storytelling and spine-tingling mystery—as three people, each with their own wounds and their own secrets, are all that stands between a madman and his next crime.
Karin Slaughter's Website
About the Author: (Taken from her website)
Who She Is
- Karin Slaughter was born in Georgia, and, with the exception of traveling to support her book publications domestically and abroad, always returns home to Atlanta.
- Karin Slaughter is her birth name and not a pseudonym.
- Attended two years of college at Georgia State, and never graduated, though she considers herself a voracious and lifelong learner.
- Started a sign business before becoming a successful writer.
- Has toured a dozen countries promoting her work, including Australia, Singapore, France and Finland.
- In the Grant County series: Blindsighted, Kisscut, A Faint Cold Fear, Faithless,and Beyond Reach/Skin Privilege.
- In the Will Trent series: Triptych, Fractured.
- In the Georgia series: Undone/Genesis
- Martin Misunderstood, a novella commissioned by the Center for the Propaganda of the Netherland Book in Holland. Almost a million copies were given away to lucky readers.
- Edited Like a Charm, a novel with friends Lynda LaPlante, Mark Billingham, Laura Lippman, and Lee Child, among others.
This was a definite break from what I usually read. Edgy, suspenseful, horrifying, nail-biting, and awesome! Karin Slaughter knows her stuff. She knows how to keep you flipping the pages and keeps you gasping for breath! There are several scenes that had me cringing (and I consider myself to have an iron clad tummy.)
At work I could not wait until it was break time so I could read more! This book is definitely one of those that you need to devote a full day to! You will not want to put it down for anything! The characters are realistic and very well written. Slaughter knows her stuff when it comes to criminal investigations. This book in some ways was like reading an episode of CSI..but better!
I'd definitely recommend Undone for anyone that loves a good thriller! I'm a fan now! Thanks again to Dorothy Thompson from Pump Up Your Book Promotion for sending me yet another awesome book!