I'm so happy you guys! Today is my Blog-o-Versary!!! One whole year ago today I started this blog on a whim. I found myself really wanting to have an outlet to express myself and didn't know where to begin. I searched for forums, lists, and blogs and then BOOM! here I am! Well it wasn't quite that dramatic but you get the point. I started Must Read Faster to get in touch with other book-a-holics like myself and to just plain have fun.
So without further ado here are a few little facts about my blog/myself:
- The name Must Read Faster comes from two places. My fondness for books but my slowness for reading them. I do everything slowly (except for talking..I'm like Six from Blossom sometimes) and reading is not an exception. I constantly tell myself "you must read faster, Melissa!" so that's one explanation. The second is kinda dorky..I was watching Jurassic Park when I started my blog. Yes when Ian Malcolm said ..."Must go faster..must go faster!" It clicked! Must Read Faster was thus named.
- I am addicted to books. I know this isn't a revelation but it's true. Some people crave sweets but I crave books. If I have any spare money then you can't keep me from the bookstore. The bookstore is my mall. I cried when the bookstore in our actual mall closed down.
- I have to have a book in my bedroom on my nightstand (even if I'm not reading it at the time,) one in my purse, and of course in the bathroom. I get more reading done there than any other place in the house! (Sorry if that's TMI!)
- I check my blog/twitter/facebook/email more to look for updates to other blogs than to talk to my friends or check my email. I seriously get upset if I miss an update to my favorites. I'm that addicted to this blogging thing!!!
How to enter:
- comment here about which book you'd pick and your email address +1 entry
- follow me on twitter @lexley +1 entry
- tweet about it with link please +2 entries
- blog about it with link please +4 entries
***This giveaway is NOT international. I'm sorry for the confusion. I'm shipping these on my own dime so I can't afford international shipping at this time. I promise that I will figure out a way to include any international readers in the near future!